Editors Note: To view recommendations please head over to LinkedIn.
CNN “Piers Morgan Live” New York, NY
Associate Producer August 2013-Present
Production Assistant March 2011-August 2013
• Digital Producer: Wrote blog posts for PiersMorganLive.com, cut clips for web, managed Twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages. Created and managed Tumblr page. Created on screen graphics.
• Associate Producer: Gathered elements for segments incl. Full Screen Graphics, SOTs and VOs
• Field Produced: Troubleshooter, set up and tested cameras, mics, IFBs, liaised with control room
• Coordinated audience shows.
• Booked guests and assisted editorial producers in finding guests during breaking news.
• Covered for digital producer, booking coordinator, writer, and administrative assistant.
CBS News “48 Hours Mystery” Denver, CO February-March 2011
Freelance News Assistant
• Obtained all pertinent documents and sent reports back to NY on Brashers Murder Case. Attended court hearings and sent notes to producer. Set up meetings with key players in case.
Louisiana Youth Seminar Baton Rouge, LA 2006-Present
Director of Social Media
•Innovative, Creative Blogger; Increased readership by 316 percent from 7-09 through 7-10
•In charge of all social media communication, including creating and managing fundraising via facebook
•Banquet Coordinator 2007, 2010, Staff Skit Coordinator 2009, Parliamentary Procedure Leader 2008-2009
The Daily Update, SMU’s daily student-run newscast August 2008-May 2010
Producer, Writer (also rotated through positions)
• Wrote headlines, teases and stories. Selected video; assigned and edited stories.
• Pre-produced the night before for 6 a.m. crew call. Show aired at 8 a.m.
• Served as national correspondent who reported on Inauguration Festivities.
KDAF, Dallas, TX Spring 2010
• Published AP stories and cut show video for web and wrote stories for 5 o’clock and 9 o’clock newscasts.
• Pulled SOTs and wrote VOs for “Pinpointing America.”
• Produced mini-package, conducted MOS interviews and logged SOTs for reporter’s track.
SMU Daily Mustang August 2008-May 2010
Interactive Editor, Contributing Writer, Blogger, Photojournalist
• Produced content for Facebook and Twitter pages. Published original content to site.
• Contributed to Dallas Morning News Trailblazers blog.
• Received CICM “Best Breaking News Package” distinction ’08-’09 for Inauguration Festivities Daily Blog.
CNN, New York, NY Summer 2009
Intern, United Nations/ International Department
• Wrote stories for CNN.com and CNN Radio about Sudan aid and Ambassador Rice’s visit to a Harlem School.
• Researched, ingested tape, logged footage, assisted in shootings and conducted MOS interviews.
• Worked on and monitored development of international stories such as North Korean missile launch and the death of Michael Jackson.
• Co-produced package “Dial ‘D’ for disappearing.” American Morning aired the piece on 8/9/09.
Mayor’s Office of Denver, Denver, CO, Summer 2008
Intern, Policy and Initiatives, Special Event Planning
• Updated the official Democratic National Convention Denver city website twice weekly
• Coordinated/executed five community forums; organized permitting during DNC
• iNews, ENPS, Vortex, Media Source, Mira, Ardendo, Adobe Premiere Light, Final Cut Pro, research, editing, blogging, social media, WordPress, basic HTML, AP Style
Hilltop on the Hill Washington, D.C. October 8-13, 2009
• Met with key players in US House of Representatives, Dept. Of Labor, State Dept., CNN, & Politico
2009 Presidential Inauguration, Washington, D.C.
• Student of Presidential Rhetoric class
• Met with key players involved in Bush Administration, Congress, CNN Producer Lucy Spiegel
• Wrote daily blog documenting experience in D.C.
• First Place “Best Breaking News Package”- Center for Innovation in College Media ’08-’09
• Volunteered at Texas State Society Black Tie and Boots Inaugural Ball
CNN, Columbus, OH October 2008, January 2010
Research Assistant at Vice-Presidential Debate Focus Group, State of the Union Focus Group
• Transcribed Vice-Presidential Debate & State of the Union Address while working under producers Robert Howell, Lucy Spiegel, & Augie Martin.
• Vetted and cold-called potential focus group participants.
Southern Methodist University, Dallas,Texas
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism, Division of Journalism Scholarship Recipient
SMU at Reid Hall, Paris, France